One of the simplest recipes in the world with thousands of variations. Never tried it before? Then let's go!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions sliced
- 1 handful fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 handful sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 can tomatoes chopped or passata
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp mustard
- 50 ml water
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 handful fresh herbs basil or whatever you have
- 2 tbsp coconut creme or vegan creme fraiche
Brown the onions in oil in a pan.
Add fresh tomatoes and garlic and add a little more olive oil if necessary. Stir a little and caramelise lightly. Once a little bit of the mixture has formed in the pan, add the tomato paste and mustard and stir.
When the mixture has formed again, add the water and mix well with the remaining ingredients.
Optionally the sauce can now be made creamier with vegan cream fraiche or coconut cream.
Chop, add and portion herbs :)