Quick pancakes – naturally sweet :)
On Sunday, we had a real soul-food breakfast: pancakes with fruits and maple syrup. The pancakes are sugar-free – we use apple puree, which is naturally sweet without added sugar. Furthermore, the pectin from the apple puree makes it bind, which is why this recipe is also egg-free 😉
Chia seeds are rich in protein and fibre, but also give the pancakes a beautiful consistency and appearance. In the video we use black and white chia seeds. This has the background that the black ones were empty and the white ones are about to reach their expiration date 😀 What is very important in our opinion: use sparkling water. The carbonic acid makes the dough even more fluffy. But the fluffiness is quickly lost if you leave the dough to stand for too long. Therefore, always use the dough immediately.
Below in the recipe you’ll find quite exact quantities, but you can do it all easily by eye. The most important thing is to make sure that the consistency is nice and smooth. That’s how it looks when we make the pancakes:
Tip: Apple puree binds about as well as egg. You can easily replace an egg with the same amount of apple puree (3 tbsp).
And here’s the super-simple recipe:
Pancakes (sugar-free, vegan)
- 125 g flour We used instant flour in the video, but can also be any other.
- 100 – 125 ml water sparkling
- 3 tbsp apple puree unsweetened
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp berries fresh, frozen or precooked
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or any other sweetener
- 1 tbsp roasted nuts or seeds
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix quickly. The amount of water can vary. Better to add a little less water first.
- Heat pan with oil and add a ladle with dough. Fry for about 2 minutes on each side and serve.